Covid-19 Action Plan
Our ongoing response to COVID-19
Once again, the UK has entered back into a national lockdown.
We would like to inform you that we are remaining open and will continue to comply with the advice and safety measures that the government have put in place. The safety of our colleagues and customers is paramount to our business.
From the 5th January 2021, England has entered its third national lockdown and is said to continue on into mid-February at a minimum.
The government has made it clear that cleaners are essential workers and are permitted to work inside peoples’ homes.
“Where it is necessary for you to work in other people’s homes – for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople – you can do so. Otherwise, you should avoid meeting for work in a private home or garden, where COVID-19 Secure measures may not be in place.”
Busy Bees will continue to operate fully, with the following procedures in place, to protect you and our team.
- Cleaner Well-being: We communicate with our Cleaning team on a daily basis regarding their health, safety, and wellbeing. It is paramount they remain at home and seek medical advice if they feel unwell.
- PPE: We require all of our cleaning staff to wear the appropriate PPE such as gloves, masks, face shields and disposal apron provided to them by Busy Bees.
- Distancing: Our Cleaning Staff are under strict instruction to practice appropriate safe distancing while in the work place and customers properties. Caron and Dan have spoken with customers and planned to ensure that a 2m distance can be maintained at all times. Whether customers need to vacate or stay in one room for the duration of their clean.
- Hand Hygiene: Staff are reminded to frequently wash their hands for 20 seconds and/or use the hand sanitiser provided to them by Busy Bees.
Busy Bees will ask you to put your cleaning service on hold for the following:
- If you cannot ensure the correct social distancing in your home or office while a member of our team is cleaning.
- You or anyone within your property is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. (High temperature, a new continuous cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- If you or anyone within your property are self-isolating following close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or if you have been contacted by Track and Trace to self-isolate.